DCA hold numerous events including regular focused practices;
• Ring Something Simple for new ringers covering skills up to plain hunt (pre-booked only)
• 5/6 Bell Practices covering doubles and minor methods
• Dorset 7s & 8s covering triples and major methods
• Surprise method practices
(A £1.50 steepleage charge applies).
We also have frequent training workshops as well as outings.
For a complete list of DCA events (practices and workshops) please refer to the bellboard diary at https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk
Below are some current highlighed events which may be of interest:
DCA AGM Saturday 6th April 2024
I hereby give notice that this year’s AGM will be held at Bradpole (DT6 3EP) on the afternoon of Saturday 6th April. As required by the rules, I also give notice that the DCA Committee is recommending a few minor rules changes which are attached to this email.
One of the main tasks of the AGM is the election of our officers. Therefore nominations are now open for the following:
· Chairman, Vice Chairman, Ringing Master, Training Officer, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer, Safeguarding Officer, Public Relations Officer, Web Master and Data Protection Officer
· 1 Central Council representative (required to attend the AGM on Saturday 7th Sept in Exeter)
· Multiple Ringing and Training Support Officers – This is a new role replacing the Assistant Ringing Masters (subject to the rule change approval) and is intended to provide a larger team of ringers to assist both the Ringing Master and Training Officer.
For further information upon these roles please see: http://dcacbr.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/Guidance-Notes-on-the-roles-of-DCA-Committee-Members-V3_0.pdf and
If you would like to stand for one or more of these positions then please me via email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP. Technically nominations close at 5pm on Saturday 23rd March but it is helpful to have ‘names in the frames’ much earlier.
Also if you have any items / proposals for the AGM agenda can you also contact me with them ASAP. Again technically the closing date is 5pm on Saturday 16th March (5pm on Wednesday 6th March for Rule change proposals).
This year for the first time members who can’t attend the AGM will be given the opportunity to vote electronically upon motions and elections. (Members who can attend the AGM should still vote in person during the meeting).
Further details will be distributed in March, after nominations close, on how to book your tea if attending or register your votes/apologies if not able to attend.
Dorset County Association — Ring Something Simple Workshop
10:00 – 12:00 GMT 1st Saturday of the month.
Have you recently started ringing or do you ring anything between Rounds and Plain Hunt? If so, this is for you. Lots of call changes, bell control activities and elements of learning rope sight, alongside ringing up and down. Trained Ringing Teachers on hand to support. A chance to network with likeminded ringers. Steepleage £1.50
Places must be booked in advance via email@example.com
Dorset County Association — Dorset 7s & 8s
For times and locations please see the bellboard diary at https://bb.ringingworld.co.uk
Open to all ringers in Dorset, regardless of the societies they belong to, with an ability to already ring Plain Bob Doubles and/or Grandsire Doubles inside who wish to extend their ringing journey into Triples and Major. If you can already ring Triples and Major methods you will also be most welcome. This is a mixture of training, practice and workshop.
- 2nd March- Bradford Peverill
- 6th April- Bradpole